Monday, October 13, 2003

Late night talks :
Some thing which I always loved. It was during college days that it all started.
Hostel is the place I guess where it all began, life would start at 10 in the night and wouldnt end till 3 or 4 in the morning. We would talk talk and talk, mostly arguments, disagreements, career prospects, higher studies, happening girls/women, sex, movies and what not. Added to that the overnight train/bus journeys. During the initial days of College we always travelled in big 'gangs', minimum 10 members :). Later towards our last year, it decreased to 2 - 3. However we rarely slept in our journeys, always talk talk and talk.
Soon after college, it became quite difficult to get out of this routine. Late night talks, teas, walks. Even after 4 years, I still long for them. Incidentally I happened to come across a Nepali girl in some SMS confusion and gradually the SMSs led to conversations and further conversations and talks and talks. I simply love talking to this girl without knowing her, without seeing her, without regard to anything. I am usually not very comfortable speaking to women but I donno how I end up talking to this girl so much. Since I will be busy through out the day, I pick up the phone in the night between 11 pm and 3 am. She bieng a college grad, adds further nostalgia, as if am back in College. It feels good to get back into the late night talks, though not accompanied by the road side tea :). God knows how long it will last...

No comments: