Monday, September 29, 2003

Last month I had a chance to visit the Osho International Commune in Pune. After spending some time in the commune as a visitor, all that remained in my mind were a few thoughts about the place and some videos of Osho that were shown. Day before yesterday I was spending some time in a book shop and accidentally came across a book by Osho, 'Love and Meditation'. A quick browse of the book and then I knew as to why I cant sit and meditate. Osho says, as long as you are in deep love, you will never be able to meditate, because the moment you close your eyes all that you think is the object of your love. He quotes the classic example of Gautham Buddha. Apparenly Gauthama ran away from his home in search of enlightenment. In reality Osho says, Gauthama escaped from his wife, Yashodhara. yes he 'escaped' because he was deeply in love with her and it was impossible for him to be set himself free as long as this 'love' bound him. He returned after 12 years. I have also tried to meditate sometimes and the moment I close my eyes there are the various 'objects' of love that flash across my mind. I didnt know that I was so much in love with people, nature etc. I always thought I was distracted. Osho says, never try to meditate, rather u have to go into a 'meditative' state.
On reading further, Osho says that a man can go into a meditative state as long as he is not in 'love' with anything. Once he is into meditative state love flows from him. To simplify man -> meditative -> love.
For a woman its the vise-versa. She gets into the love which emanates from a man and then goes into a meditative state.
Osho says, the ultimate 'orgasm' between a man and a woman will be at a point when a woman is in deep meditative state and a man is in a state of deep love. He calls it an 'eternal orgasm'. I could not somehow digest this fact, beyond my comprehension. However I was prompted to buy some books of Osho and the reading process has begun.

No comments: