Monday, December 08, 2003

Knock Out

Yes, it is definitely the phrase associated with the sport of boxing am talking about and the correlation is to the dream I had last night. As it is common with most dreams, the 'place' or 'venue' will always be something which the dreamer has not seen or able to correlate to real life. My case was no exception. So here goes the dream,
The venue was a boxing arena and a match was in progress. The next thing I realized, I was in the ring, in complete boxing attire. (No helmets as it was freestyle ). My opponent, ahem, was twice my build, head completely shaven, and had that killer instincts in his eyes. ( probably his biceps were bigger than my thighs :) For comparison sake, I weigh just over 70 kilos). Well the match starts and the all I am able to manage is to escape from his punches. I dont know the ABC of this sport but I was amazed at my footwork in the match. Apart from escaping, I managed to hit this guy once on his face in round 1. Then onwards fear starts enveloping, the fear of getting punched by this guy. Just one or two punches would knock me down and I would probably lose my conciousness. Round 2 onwards, I again just manage to escape his punches. The cheer of the spectators, ( to see a first timer managing to stay in the ring without bieng knocked down) was deafening. I think my opponent was not all that hell bent upon hitting me :). I dont know in which round, but I get a punch on my cheek and it starts bleeding. Somehow I manage to stand. The round ends and in the next round, this dude has so much confidence in his eyes, that it makes me literally shiver. Then he misses a punch, and suddenly this huge gap between his arms and his face ( because of the swing ) becomes visible and I just land a punch on his nose through that gap, (man thats unbelievable ). This dude stumbles and then goes and supports himself on the ropes of the ring and the ring master waits for sometime for this guy to get up and then declares the end of the match. I am so overwhelmed, that the match ended, and realized that I had won it !!. I just go to the opponent, hug him and tell 'man this match is yours, I dont deserve the victory'. I just woke up at this instant (thanks to the alarm). It was 7.30 AM.
In the loo, I was just thinking about this dream, in that boxing arena, so many people shouting at you, just drains down your courage. (Adding to this is that killer look in the opponent and his killer build ). To feel that earth shattering noise is something I cannot explain. In reality, I might never be a boxer or any kind of a sportsperson to compete in front of such a huge crowd, but it felt good to just know how it feels to be one, atleast in the dreams. Neverthe less, I can opt to get atleast trained in boxing or some form of martial arts :)

No comments: