Sunday, December 07, 2003

Lalith Mahal Palace

On the outskirts of the city of Mysore, Karnataka stands this majestic hotel. Formerly it was one of the palaces of the Mysore kingdom. This hotel, is the most luxurious hotel I have ever seen in this country. (Havent been to Rajasthan yet ) and from what I have heard about the rest of the world, nothing can match it's royal splendour. There is an air of royalty in that place, which I could not find in any other 5 or 7* hotels. The paintings, flooring, design, roof tops, the brass railings, u name it and everything is royal.
It is owned by ITDC. I guess that explains the rest of the awful things about this place. service and food . If I were a businessman today and had around Rs 100 crores at my disposal, would definitely buy this hotel (10 crores kept aside for bribes :)) ) and turn it into the most happening tourist destination of Southern India.

No comments: