Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back to writing

It has been nearly 2 years since this blog was updated. During this time frame, I created several 'other' blogs (notably on travel and photography) in an attempt to diversify and after a few months or days of starting, I lost touch with the subject and hence could not continue writing. Another reason can also be attributed to laziness and my association with the not so intelligent community. This association kept me brain lazy and idle and I just could not write. The only writing I did was writing emails to my friend as she would insist that I write to her every day :).

I took some time to analyze what kept me away from writing and why did I start these different blogs and not write in them continuously. The reasons are quite candid. When I started writing this blog, about 4-5 years back, I started it for the sheer joy of writing and for sharing my thoughts and I lost that joy of writing. The 'other' blogs were started merely for the purpose of starting and writing about something that I neither wholly enjoyed nor wholly felt like. The quest for perfection, also didn't help me in continuing blogging on these other blogs.

In the past week, after having analyzed all of these, it did occur to me to get back to writing on this blog. It's something that I had always loved and there are all these new 'topics' to write about and share my thoughts. More over I'm reading some interesting books like "Guns, germs and Steel" which are provoking new thoughts and giving new dimensions to existing thoughts. So I'll keep writing hopefully .. until the next wave of boredom hits me and takes me away from writing.

No comments: