Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Back

From a fabulous vacation. My sis' wedding went really well, though it was a bit tiring for a few of us. A typical wedding in my community lasts for 3 days. Its great fun but theres too much of chaos and tension especially when there are lot of oldies around. It was a good learning experience for me, dealing with varying temperments of people. I should say my sister's in-laws were highly co-operative.
Now that my sis got married am the one to be placed on the sacrificial altar :). All I could make out was atleast 4-5 guys were willing to give their daughter's hands to me. What they dont realize is that am not ready yet. Its tough to make em understand so I just warded off everyone. Getting married at this stage of my career is more of a nightmare :) especially with a travelling job.
Met almost all of my friends. Some had gotten engaged, some married and some had become 'father figures'. Speaking of places in Bangalore, nothing much had changed, the restaurants, coffee shops, bars and pubs .. just that there were new ones everywhere. I however stuck to the old ones especially Java City on Lavelle road. For some reasons, thats one of my all time favorite coffee shops. I just love the open air ambience and the vibrant crowd there.
Was speaking to one of my good friends and we ended up talking mostly about childhood friendships, teen age romances crushes, heartbreaks etc etc. Just then a thought struck me why not write something a like 'women in my life' .. :) and am somehow persuading my friend to write about men in her life. She seems kind of not open to the idea.
So a short lived vacation came to an end on saturday when I had to fly back and from monday onwards its work and travel as usual. Next week am headed to Louisville, kentucky.

2 comments:

Arun said...

4-5 offers.. Man in demand huh!! :))

Hey Trish, have you dozed off? This is no winter for hibernating.

Unknown said...

Trish: thanks, wl write the post ASAP :)

Arun: yeah the kind of deamand thats kind of irritatin .. :)
Trish hasnt dozed off, shes fallen into a deep slumber .. wot say u Trish :)