Sunday, May 15, 2005

These days my work schedule is something like this: Monday 4 AM wakeup and catch a 6.30 flight to Kentucky. With a 3 hour time difference the travel costs me 8 hours. For the next 3 days work like hell from 8 to 5. Evenings, grab dinner with friends, watch TV and crash. Friday afternoon take the dreadful flight back home.
In spite of bieng a travel freak, this travelling is hitting me hard. On some fridays, I avoid getting home and go to some nearby places.
The good part about travelling is I get time to read and sometimes have a chat with feloow travellers. An interesting book/magazine is the best travelling companion. When am not reading,I'll have some brief conversations with someone sitting next to me. It's good fun to listen to their travelling adventures. Sometimes I get to meet oldies who'll be fascinated to talk about India. Most of the topics of discussion revolve around travelling: which hotels to stay, which airports to avoid, which cars to rent etc etc.
The sad part about travelling: flight delays, baggage loss, last minute gate changes and crying kids. Most of the times, I have to travel through Atlanta, the busiest airport in the world. Whenever bad weather hits Atlanta, most of the flights get delayed and in my experience it has happened thrice. My worst delay has been for 12 hours ( 9 pm to 9 am ). I dont really bother about baggage loss cos most of my clothes are inexpensive and in the pretect of losing baggage I get to buy more clothes :). Crying babies are a nightmare on flights. In one of the flights there were 3 babies crying in competition with each other. The babies cry for several reasons, darkness, pressure differences, turbulences, time differeneces, lack of space etc etc. Somehow the parents will try to calm them down but that'll take hours.
This travelling spree will probably continue till July and hopefully I get to stay at home for atleast a month before I take off again.

2 comments:

Arun said...

3 crying babies! It reminds me of 3-4 phones starting to ring at the same time at office and none of them get picked up. Darn irritating! :)

Unknown said...

Arun: Yeah I wonder why ppol dont put their phones to silent/vibrate mode in office.