Thursday, January 08, 2009

The dreamer in me

I dream a lot, and I dream the big, the impossible. Be it romancing the most beautiful girl or be it floating in space. I had once blogged about a dream in which I was in space and had forgotten to take my camera to take the picture of earth from space. Someone had commented and said 'Even if you had a camera, would it have been possible to take a picture of Earth" and my answer was "possibly yes". A few years after this incident, I got an email from my friend which contained images of earth from space shot by Kalpana Chawla. I had no way of testing the authenticity of the images but they did look authentic and for sure they were taken from a camera. What I had dreamed of, someone had accomplished. I just smiled when I looked at those images. Here is one of the images.



I not only dream when I sleep, but also dream when I'm awake, when I see something innovative, when I'm talking. It's very easy for me to get distracted on a particular topic and 'zone out'. The land of dreams always seems to be a magical world to be in. No matter how tired I am or how stressed I am, the dreamer in me never gets tired, never gets stressed. Recently, I was quite tired and had to go to my friend's house for lunch. Despite the tiredness, I went and we started talking about food - which is our favorite topic always. During the conversation, we started wondering about a concept of 'Indo-mexican fast food'. It might sound quirky, but no sooner had the conversation begun, I had started dreaming about relishing this non existent food in a non existent fast food restaurant somewhere near my hometown. I had 'zoned out'. My friend kept talking and after a while, having realized that I had zoned out, brought me back to my senses.

I guess, I'm such a dreamer because it's so easy. There's absolutely no effort involved, whatsoever in imagining and dreaming. One of these days, I'll try to turn one of my dreams to reality. I just wish I dream something simple and easy to accomplish :).

2 comments:

Green Grass said...

Count me in if its about food....I will help u make ur dream come true and then finish most of it too ;)-Candy

Anonymous said...

I just know ur going to laff at green grass!!!!

Candy