Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Hiking to waterfalls

Recently we had been on a hike to a waterfall near Sacramento, Feather Hill falls. Its a 3 hour drive from the bay area. From the parking lot its a 2 hour trek to the waterfall and its quite pretty. Unfortunately I dont have a slide scanner to scan and post the slides. I spent a lot of time on the way mounting my tripod, taking pics and walked at my own sweet pace. It was a refreshing hike though. Once we reached the waterfall, spent nearly 3 hours just sittting and gossipping. What we repented most was not carrying food.
The hike reminded me of an earlier hike to MeenMutti falls in Wayanad. That was probably one of the toughest short hikes of my life. The path was so slippery and the descent was so steep that we had to crawl most of the time. Also it was pitch dark and misty as it can be seen here. This pic was shot at sometime in the noon. Thats Punit, Hemant, our local guide (forgot his name)and myself. We were so freakin tired by the time we reached the falls, there was absolutely no energy left to trek back. Somehow we made it.

Another waterfall hike or walk as that I've liked is a really short hike to vernal falls in Yosemite National Park. I didnt know how to take good photographs then and hence this sloppy snap of the otherwise beautiful vernal falls.

Other memorable hikes to waterfalls have been the Jog Falls in Shimoga, and the Hebbe falls in Madikeri Hope I get to trek some more beautiful waterfalls, atleast I can hope to see the Niagara Falls.

6 comments:

Green Grass said...

Dude I wud love to go hiking someday man..cool. How come u guys never carried nethin to eat? Hiking= hunger! Newazy finally we get to see u..actually can barely see u but its a start ;) Happy Weekend yaha pe tho monsoon has jus arrived :D :D

Hemant said...

surprisingly I remember'd that hiking couple of days back when discussing some hiking plan with some1, It was really wonderful!
Another memorable day which I could never forget is seeing the mist in Kudermukh hike with Saurabh!

Unknown said...

Candz: Freak out in the monsoons.

Hemant: Yo Dude, where r u these days, yeah the trek to Kudremukh was fabulous.

Arun said...

hmm.. Its waterfall days here too with the onset of monsoons..

Way up the Vernal falls is really cool. I dont know when I wl get to return to Yosemite. sigh!

Unknown said...

Arun: Right now the waterfalls in Yosemite are in full flow and so are the crowds, man its depressing to see ppol treating yosemite like disneyland

Pallavi said...

the falls looks beautiful