Friday, January 02, 2004

New year, i-bar, dance, scotch, champagne ..

is just the perfect way to describe the ushering of the new year 2004. I-BAR, a small disc/bar/pub in the heart of B'lore was the chosen venue for the celebrations. Entering the place at arnd 9.30, we jus felt cosy on the bean bags .. n they the liquor poured. Till then I could see the place thronged by some of the best dressed women in town (quite obviously with their respective guys ). The music was like .. duhh .. "ya ya ya coco jombo ya ya ye" ... :) gimme a break guys .. that was a happenin number in the last century .. I guess someone went n swore at the DJ or I donno wot happnd .. by 10.30 - some ppol started sashaying to the dance floor .. n me siezed the oppportunity ( by then already was a bit high with scotch ) .. the music started blendin then .. n I was jus closin my eyes .. gyratin in all possible means , sometimes tripping, sometimes falling, somehow managing to do some itsy bitsy dance steps, finally someone started the countdown, someone shouted happy new year ... the clock had struck 12 .. I opened my eyes n then realized I ws the only single guy in the dance floor amidst some 100 or so couples .. :D who cares .. went wished my friends... gulped more of scotch followed by some cocktails, some champagne .. got back 2 the dance floor .. danced, danced and danced .. in between had more drinks .. rested for sometime .. then some girl walks up 2 me n says "dude, that ws some dancin, u fell on me a lot of times" .. me jus looked at her .. n said 'am drunk' (as if she could'nt make that out) .. some guy told me "pal there r two girls out there .. grab em" me said "I don care" ... finally at 2.30 the lights turned on .. n the party was over .. oopph .. one of the most memorable parties I've ever had .. I was just lost with the music .. by the time I went to my car it was 4 .. I jus slept in my car ..didnt want to risk driving .. 6 am woke up said gud bye to my friends .. reached home arnd 6.30 ...
yesterday bieng a holiday, jus slept n slept n ate (giving some rest to my ailing neck and thighs ).. and today came 2 work. Fortunately work meant just checking a few emails :). How I wish the whole year is just like this :).

No comments: